Your best medicines for weight loss are exercise and the right foods. Weight loss is not about eating less; it is about eating the right food at the right time.
I believe these secrets will be of help to you.
- Eat four or five smaller meals daily instead of three big meals. This should be done based on how much physical work you do and your age making sure you do not skip meals.
- Take soup, salads or water before meals to ensure you don’t eat too much of the meal.
- Avoid overeating. Stop eating before you feel full. Eat to be satisfied which is healthy eating by way of listening to your body rather than eating to be FULL which is overeating by way of listening to your mind. It takes the brain quite a white to realise when the stomach gets full and so we end up eating more than necessary. Ideally, it is good to stop eating before you feel FULL.
- Consume more of fresh vegetables and fruits; avoid packaged and junk foods as far as possible.
- Do not be too restrictive about your favourites – sweets, chocolates, cakes, etc. It is okay to have smaller portions of them once in a while.
- Exercise at least four to five times a week. This helps you to metabolize calories more effectively and to lose weight.
- Include different tastes (sweet, sour, salty, bitter, etc.) in your diet. This helps you to keep boredom at bay so that you stick to your diet and don’t give it up. The basic foundation for a healthy individual starts from the diet and the amount of calories consumed. Hence, your food shall be your medicine. The key is to have a simple and natural diet that includes suitable proportions of the three main branches of foods, i.e. carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
Disclaimer: Please consult a physician or a professional instructor before you change or begin a new exercise regime.